Onimusha 3 Demon Siege now available
The concluding chapter of the saga is finally available in all stores.
Tuesday, April 27, 2004
(Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2004, 10:45AM GMT)
Notice: Ps2Fantasy.com has been undergoing a major redesign for a long time. Ps2Fantasy.com will soon become PsFantasy.com, a professional network of websites covering all PlayStation platforms. We will offer more updates than ever, in-depth content, and a series of services to our community. During this process, functionality of this website and frequency of updates are very limited.
- Capcom today announced that Onimusha 3 Demon Siege for the Playstation 2 has hit the store shelves. The concluding chapter of the saga introduces for the first time fully 3D polygonal environments, more expansive settings to explore, and a new dual hero fighting system.
The game intertwines two different stories, one set in ancent feudal Japan, the other set in modern day France. Samanosuke Akechi, the hero of the first Onimusha, is back, and he has once again the likeness of the Japanese actor Takeshi Kaneshiro. Joining him in this adventure is Jacques Braun, a French military officer who has the face and the body of the French actor Jean Reno.Story
In Onimusha 3 Demon Siege the year is 1582 and 10 years have passed since the events that unfolded in Onimusha 2 Samurai’s Destiny. The stage is set at the burning Honnoji Temple, as the famous Onimusha warrior Samanosuke Akechi (Takeshi Kaneshiro) continues to fight the demons in his path. The moment has finally arrived for Samanosuke to confront the true enemy that has eluded him until now, the undying Nobunaga Oda. Unfortunately before the long-awaited final battle begins, Samanosuke is suddenly engulfed in a whirlpool of light and disappears.
The year is 2004. A peaceful French metropolis is suddenly attacked by demons. In the blink of an eye, the city is transformed into a hellish sea of blood as Genma demons slaughter civilians and soldiers one by one. Within this pit of darkness appears one man who stands up against the Genma demons, Jacques Blanc (Jean Reno). As a member of the French army, Jacques is deployed to the nightmarish scene only to discover himself amid a plague of horrific enemies that are beyond anyone’s imagination. An ancient samurai warrior unexpectedly appears to help him defend the helpless city. As they cooperatively fight off the demons,Jacques is caught in a mysterious vortex and vanishes to feudal Japan, leaving the warrior behind in modern day France.
Why has Samanosuke appeared in present Paris and Jacques in feudal Japan? What fate awaits these two men? The fierce and bloody battle is unfurled as the beginning of the final Onimusha chapter unfolds.Game Features
- Dual Hero System - play as Samanosuke and be a skilled swordsman or play as Jacques Blanck and use a whip weapon, used also to solve puzzles, and other weapons.
- As a first for the series, Onimusha 3 Demon Siege utilizes full polygonal backgrounds as Capcom strives to realize the title’s real and dramatic camera work. Gamers will exalt the battle scenes, as they are full of depth and with even more sword slashing action.
- Explore new and diverse environments - Onimusha 3 Demon Siege not only includes familiar feudal Japan backdrops such as Anshi Castle, Sakai Town or Honnoji Temple, but also showcases world renowned Paris landmarks, such as Notre Dame and the Arc de Triumph, all of which have been painstakingly recreated with such rich detail that it exceeds the scale of the previous incarnations of the series.
- The opening CG movies have been pushed to a new level. Returning to the Onimusha project is Robot, the company responsible for making all of the Onimusha opening movies and Yamazaki Takeshi, the CG movie director. Capcom has enlisted the talents of Hong Kong action star and director Donnie Yen as the CG action director. Onimusha 3 is a collaboration of several talented staff members as they focus on bringing a masterpiece that rivals even the biggest blockbuster movies.
- Flagship, the company responsible for scripting the stories for Onimusha: Warlords and Onimusha 2: Samurai’s Destiny increase the level and depth ofthe story for Onimusha 3 Demon Siege. With more drama and thrills than before, Onimusha 3 Demon Siege weaves an epic tale bringing the series to a whole new level in this final battle against Oda Nobunaga.
- Master devastating one-hit moves - Now enemies can effectively be defeated with an unprecedented one-time dramatic slash.
(from the official press release
More coverage about Onimusha 3 coming soon on Ps2Fantasy.com!