The Treason Of Isengard unveiled
Vivendi Universal and Black Label Games officially announced the development of the second instalment to their Lord Of The Rings saga.
Saturday, April 26, 2003
(Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003, 1:00PM GMT)
Notice: Ps2Fantasy.com has been undergoing a major redesign for a long time. Ps2Fantasy.com will soon become PsFantasy.com, a professional network of websites covering all PlayStation platforms. We will offer more updates than ever, in-depth content, and a series of services to our community. During this process, functionality of this website and frequency of updates are very limited.
- Vivendi Universal and Black Label Games officially announced the development of the second instalment to the Lord Of The Rings saga. Unlike EA's Lord Of The Rings games, based upon the cinematographic license, Vivendi's games are based upon the original novel written by J.R.Tolkien.
This second instalment, which follows last year's "Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring", will be titled "The Lord Of The Rings: The Treason Of Isengard", and should hit the store shelves worldwide in Q4 2003. Surreal Software, the same team behind Drakan: The Ancients' gates and The Fellowship Of The Ring, is developing the game.
This short list of features was revealed about the gameplay:
- Control multiple types of Tolkien's most famous characters
- Fight through massive battle scenes from Middle-earth
- Unique character upgrades for each playable character
- Advanced artificial intelligence system allows non-playable characters to aid in battle
Vivendi also released the first six screens of the game, that you can find in our gallery
. Stay tuned for more news about the game!