LucasArts unveils Full Throttle: Hell On Wheels
LucasArts today unveiled new details about the announced sequel to the popular adventure game Full Throttle. All details inside.
Thursday, April 24, 2003
(Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2003, 4:21AM GMT)
Notice: Ps2Fantasy.com has been undergoing a major redesign for a long time. Ps2Fantasy.com will soon become PsFantasy.com, a professional network of websites covering all PlayStation platforms. We will offer more updates than ever, in-depth content, and a series of services to our community. During this process, functionality of this website and frequency of updates are very limited.
- LucasArts today unveiled new details about the sequel to Full Throttle, the popular and funny adventure game in which the player took the role of Ben, leader of the Polecats, a renegade motorcycle gang. The new game, titled Full Throttle: Hell On Wheels, should be released this Winter for Playstation 2, Xbox, and PC.
The new game will have the unique humurous style behind the original game, the trademark of all the legendary adventure games developed by LucasArts, like Monkey Island and Sam & Max.
"Full Throttle is one of LucasArts' greatest and most memorable original brands perfectly symbolizing the company's legacy of creating games with rich characters and compelling stories," says Liz Allen, director of marketing for LucasArts. "Full Throttle: Hell On Wheels turns up the action allowing players to 'stick it to the man' and leave it all behind for the freedom of life on the road as a charismatic outlaw biker." Storyline
Full Throttle: Hell On Wheels takes place in a surreal and desolate future where justice is relative and traditional law and order has been replaced by the "code of the road."
Ben discovers his way of life threatened when the highways and byways of his stomping ground, El Nada, are mysteriously torn up and destroyed - and he's not gonna take it! On his tricked-out Corley, Ben sets out with his gang on an action-packed adventure to set things straight. Using their own brand of double-fisted diplomacy, they pursue a rival gang, the Hound Dogs, believing they are to blame for the wrecked roads. However, a murderous plot motivated by money and greed is soon revealed. Ben joins forces with old friends Father Torque, his mentor, and Maureen Corley, heiress to the Corley Motorcycle Company, to bring down a nefarious villain and his evil henchman and ultimately, to preserve the freedom of the open road. Announced features
- Use fists, wits, weapons and wheelie-popping motorcycle action to guide Ben through a series of adventures, puzzles and melee style combat.
- Ben fights his foes with more than 40 different strategically placed weapons including: chairs, bottles, pool cues, chains, crowbars and even a guitar. To regain his health after an exceptionally harsh scrap, Ben throws back a beer or two and has a good laugh with his gang.
- More than 35 different levels in 20 unique environments such as: a truck stop, an oil refinery, a junkyard, an airplane graveyard and the Polecat's regular hangout, the Kickstand biker bar.
- In addition to Ben's super-fast, custom Corley, players can ride and control Mo's motorcycle, an old cargo blimp and more. A sophisticated camera tracking system makes certain that the player always has an optimal view of the third person action.
Stay tuned on Ps2Fantasy.com for more info about Full Throttle: Hell On Wheels. And don't forget to look at the first screenshots
of the game in our galleries!