TimeSplitter 2 to support link-up games
Eidos Interactive has announced that TimeSplitters 2 will feature not only full online capabilities, but also system linkage both in the Xbox and Playstation 2 version.
Friday, August 2, 2002
(Posted: Friday, August 2, 2002, 12:57PM GMT)
Notice: Ps2Fantasy.com has been undergoing a major redesign for a long time. Ps2Fantasy.com will soon become PsFantasy.com, a professional network of websites covering all PlayStation platforms. We will offer more updates than ever, in-depth content, and a series of services to our community. During this process, functionality of this website and frequency of updates are very limited.
- Eidos Interactive has announced today that TimeSplitters 2, sequel to their excellent first person shooter, will feature not only full online capabilities, but also system linkage both in the Xbox and Playstation 2 version. Players will be able to link up to 8 consoles to play with 16 other players.
These are the other announced features of the game, directly from the official press release:
- Deeply involved single player and co-operative story modes are delivered through a complex narrative with multiple objective-based episodes and superbly animated cut-scenes.
- The game engine has been extensively upgraded to accommodate bigger environments and special graphical effects while staying true to the distinctively smooth, break-neck paced action that TimeSplitters is known for.
- Nine time traveling episodes, each with their own distinct graphical style and mission objectives spanning time periods as diverse as lush jungles of Aztec temples, the gangster-ridden 1920's Chicago, Neo Tokyo 2019 and a Robot Factory in cold space, all set to an outstanding musical score themed around each level.
- A vast variety of weapons to choose from, ranging from crossbows and blowguns to flamethrowers and laser pulse rifles.
- Over 90 characters and enemies, featuring the original cast, some of their ancestors and new renegades and lunatics that you'll want and need to eliminate!
- Multiplayer mayhem is back, extending carnage possibilities with link support allowing multiple consoles to be joined together for both PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Delivers the most exhilarating experience you'll get from your console!
- Customizable multi-player mode, scenarios including death match, capture-the-bag, escort, last stand, and much more.
- Enhanced combat effects; screen shake, dramatic lighting, more reactive character hit animations all make for some serious hot-leaded action.
- The massively enhanced Mapmaker has been greatly enhanced allowing the truly hardened gamers with the ability to create their own 'story levels' as well as killer death match scenarios.
TimeSplitters 2 is slated for a September 24th release.Click Here
to see our screenshots of TimeSplitters 2.