Activision unveils details for X-Men game
Activision has unveiled further details about their new X-Men fighting game for the three next-generation consoles.
Thursday, July 11, 2002
(Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2002, 11:28AM GMT)
Notice: Ps2Fantasy.com has been undergoing a major redesign for a long time. Ps2Fantasy.com will soon become PsFantasy.com, a professional network of websites covering all PlayStation platforms. We will offer more updates than ever, in-depth content, and a series of services to our community. During this process, functionality of this website and frequency of updates are very limited.
- After the big success of their game based on Spider Man: The Movie, Activision has unveiled further details for their new fighting game based on the world of the X-Men. The title, called X-Men: Next Dimension, will give the player the possibility to play as one of the popular super heroes in expansive 3-D interactive arenas.
These are the annoucned game features:
- 20 playable X-Men, plus four secret characters.
- 8 big maps with up to 26 sections, in order to recreate "the kind of large-scale battles usually found in comics and movies", according to Activision.
- Unlike many other fighting games, X-Men: Next Dimension should carry on, battle after battle, an epic story enriched by the popular characters of Marvel Comics.
- A V.S. mode will be also available next to the Story Mode.
The Playstation 2 and Xbox versions are developed by Paradox Development, while the Gamecube version is in the hands of EXAKT Entertainment. X-Men: Next Dimension should be available this Fall in North America. We'll wait to see Wolverine & Co. in action!Take a look
at the 5 screenshots available for the Ps2 version.