Onimusha 2 official release date announced!
Capcom Entertainment announced the official U.S. release date for Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny.
Thursday, April 4, 2002
(Posted: Thursday, April 4, 2002, 12:32PM GMT)
Notice: Ps2Fantasy.com has been undergoing a major redesign for a long time. Ps2Fantasy.com will soon become PsFantasy.com, a professional network of websites covering all PlayStation platforms. We will offer more updates than ever, in-depth content, and a series of services to our community. During this process, functionality of this website and frequency of updates are very limited.
- Capcom Entertainment announced the official U.S. release date for Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny. The game, a Playstation 2 exclusive, will ship to retailers on August 27th. Onimusha 2 has has already shipped one million units in Japan, just two weeks after the launch.
Game Features (from Capcom Official Press Release
- Explore new and diverse environments - Outside the castle walls players will travel around the Town of Imasho, a lively old gold rush town, the Sacred Place of the Oni Clan over run with demons, as well as foggy canyons, hidden forests, a gold mine, caves and more.
- Players can simply execute a new set of sword moves called 'Ohgi' or 'esoteric fighting' to execute devastating combos using a simplistic control scheme.
- Extraordinary CG storyline movies.
- Revolutionary character interaction - Players can gain access to the new fighting skills of not only the main character but up to four unique sub-characters.
- Features world-renowned music from composer Taro Iwashiro.
- Epic story blends magical realism with accurate historic accounts.